We’d like to thank Morgan Etoile for nominating our blog for the Liebster Award.
When you are nominated you answer the questions given to you by your nominator and then come up with a list of questions for your nominees. The idea is to keep the award going by nominating more awesome blogs once yours has been nominated!
Let’s get it going with Step One, our 11 questions from Morgan.
1. What is your favorite part of blogging? Being able to share what we are working on, stories from sessions, feedback from clients and tips to get you more prepared for your session. Clients have loved being able to come here to see what we’ve been up to, read about about what our clients have shared, get wardrobe tips for their upcoming session and finally seeing their images featured.
2. What country do you live in? The United States
3. Who is your fashion inspiration? We don’t have a specific person in fashion that inspires us. There is a long list of designers that we love, of course, and looks that we love shooting What we’ve discovered through our boudoir session experiences though is that where you purchase your clothes/lingerie at and what name is on the label doesn’t matter. It is how you feel once you’ve put it on. We’ve had women feel more confident and sexy in a lingerie set they purchased at Target than they did putting on something they just spent a mint on at a boutique. We’ve also seen the opposite. So it’s not really a “who” in fashion that inspires us, but our clients that find confidence in fashion that do.
4. What is your favorite make-up brand? We are fans of MAC and Benefit but we’re pretty sure that our Makeup Artists have favorites of their own. That’s a good idea for a blog post so we’ll definitely have to ask what their thoughts are.
5. What is your favorite thing to shop for? Shoes! The best accessory for any boudoir photo session and a ton of fun to shop for. All of our clients are unique. Some wear heels all the time while others have never worn them until their session day, but all of them feel empowered in the right pair.
6. What trend, new or old, do you hope goes away forever and never returns? Sorry ladies but yoga pants have to go!
7. What trend would you love to see make a come back? Peasant tops should make a comeback, at least as part of your boudoir session wardrobe. The right peasant top can be an elegant but sexy addition to any boudoir or glamour photo shoot.
8. What kind of music do you listen to? We listen to a little bit of everything. During sessions we like to play music and have fun. We let our clients choose what type of music they want to listen to during their session. Rap, R&B and Classic Rock have been the most popular requests we’ve gotten. When editing, we like to listen to music too and each have our own preferences but we’ve found that listening to the same genre of music that was playing during the session seems to help the creative process.
9. How many hours a week do you spend perfecting your blog? About an hour. We try to keep a routine every week to what we post but sometimes our session, editing and family schedules get in the way. Generally you’ll find every week one boudoir session wardrobe inspiration post, a few posts with images from recents sessions and a post that is either an email we received from a client or a photographer answering a question we received. We also will throw in posts about our specials, featured products, and contests we are running.
10. What is your favorite movie? Ooooh…. that’s a tough one. It’s hard to pick just one when there are so many good ones out there. But we took a poll and came up with this:
Favorite Horror Movie is The Strangers, Favorite Psychological Thriller is Shutter Island, Favorite Action/Comedy is Rush Hour, and Favorite Family Movie is The Goonies
Is that cheating?
11. If you could meet any designer, who would you want to meet? Dita Von Teese is the biggest name in burlesque and is known as a fashion icon. She has her own line of perfume and lingerie that you can check out by visiting her website.
Step TWO! Most of our readers are Las Vegas locals or clients that will be traveling to Las Vegas in the near future and are wanting to know what is happening in and around our great city. So rather than a list of nominations, we thought our readers would enjoy a list of our favorite Las Vegas blogs and sites.
Vegas Chatter – A daily users guide to the ins and outs of the potlatch and pomp that is Sin City.
Eater Vegas – The source for people who care about dining and drinking in the nation’s most important food cities.
Vegas Tripping – An award winning guide to Las Vegas
Cheapo Vegas – Home to TONS of Las Vegas coupons and Vegas promo codes, plus tons of helpful information on restaurants, clubs, shows and gaming.
Vegas 4 Visitors – One of the most respected sources of information for Vegas travel planning on the Internet.
Don’t forget to visit Morgan’s Blog for fashion, jewelry and reviews from a Las Vegas local.